Hebrews 9:11 (NKJV) But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation.
Hebrews 9:12 (NKJV) Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
Hebrews 9:13 (NKJV) For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh,
Hebrews 9:14 (NKJV) How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
I want to talk with you about the greatest power to help you through the difficulties of your life.
Notice how the blood of Christ has much more power to work in you.
Christ’s blood has power to cleanse your conscience.
- Think about this for a moment.
- This is the area where we all have our greatest battles.
Christ’s blood has the power to enter and effect change inside of your being.
- The Old Testament sacrifices had an external effect on the flesh to purify.
- They were clean on the outside, but they were still hurting on the inside.
- The blood of Jesus does much more.
- The blood of Jesus helps us in the struggle over how we live.
- The blood of Jesus has power to cleanse our conscience so that we can properly serve God.
- This cleansing power gives us the ability to live without condemnation.
Romans 7:24–25 (NKJV) O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
- This is the key for each of us.
- Jesus Christ is the answer for the weakness of your flesh.
- That weakness affects your mind, body, and will.
- The blood of Jesus Christ has the power to “cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God.”
- What does that mean?
The Apostle Paul was impressed with the weakness of the flesh.
- He said that he was a terrible sinner.
- He kept saying that he wanted to do the right things, but was so weak in his flesh that he constantly failed.
- We all can identify with that.
- Have you ever said, “that is the last time I am going to do that, to find yourself humiliated by your failure?”
- Your flesh is weak.
- You wanted to serve God without condemnation.
- You wanted to give God the proper service.
- You wanted to live a life of love for God.
- But, you failed.
- When you failed, you became humiliated and condemned.
This is where the power of the blood of Jesus works in our lives.
- Where you were not able to serve God blamelessly, God stepped in to help.
- Watch how far God goes to bring you into this new life of rejoicing and freedom.
Romans 8:2–3 (NKJV) 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
Jesus did not just come to this earth to live in the flesh.
- He came down to the cross.
- He came down to give His life’s blood.
- He did this so He could make it possible for you to live free of condemnation.
The blood of Christ accomplishes MUCH MORE than you could do on your own.
We need to see again the simplicity of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Romans 1:16 (NKJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.
As soon as you put your trust in the blood of Jesus Christ, this “power of God” works in your life.
This brings about one of the greatest changes you will ever experience.
1 John 1:7 (NKJV) …the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
- This “cleansing” affects your innermost being.
- It gets all of the way down into your conscience.
- Conscience is “self-awareness that judges to see if our actions are in harmony with moral standards.”
Proverbs 20:27 (NKJV) The spirit of a man is the lamp of the Lord, Searching all the inner depths of his heart.
- If your conscience is not clear, you are living in condemnation.
1 John 3:21 (NKJV) Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God.
This change not only affects your past conduct, it directs you down the avenues you ought to go.
You don’t have to live a wretched life of failure and death for the blood of Jesus Christ has set you free.
To guarantee your success, God has given you His Spirit to dwell and work in you.
Romans 8:9–11 (NKJV) 9But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
This life in the Spirit is the life of freedom from condemnation.
Romans 8:1 (NKJV) There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
- When God cleanses your conscience by the blood of Jesus Christ, He has a new life in mind.
- He has planned and provided a life of no condemnation for you.
- He has provided life.
2 Corinthians 2:14–15 (NKJV) 14Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.15For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.
Think about the change this has made.
- “God always leads us in triumph in Christ.”
- That is a huge transition from a life of self-condemnation and death.
- The blood of Jesus Christ God’s Son has made us free.
- This change is so dramatic that it “diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.”
- I like that word “diffuses.”
- It means “to cause something to be fully known by clearly revealing and disclosing it.”
- When Jesus makes you free, you can throw off the rags of your death.
- The life of defeat and death is conquered.
- The fragrance of death has been conquered with life.
- You can live in the glorious liberty of a child of God.
- You can really live free from condemnation.