I want to remind you that the Lord God omnipotent reigns.
Revelation 19:6 (NKJV) And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!
- He not only is Lord of all, He reigns in power.
- His kingdom shall not be moved.
- The Lord our God does not leave anything to chance or to the vile scheming of the Devil.
- He reigns in power!
Those who put their trust in Him are on a sure foundation.
- You do not have to fear the tribulations and tests that are coming on the world.
- If your faith is in the Lord, He will give you grace and strength so that your faith is not in vain.
Many people are disturbed and troubled over the things that must take place.
- They are looking at the news and watching the markets.
- They hear about this war and that disturbance.
- They see reports about earthquakes, epidemics and famines.
- These things are disturbing to the mind and emotions.
- What are we going to do?
- How are we going to survive if some empire of the world strikes with nuclear warfare?
- Is there any safety when the world is filled with terrorism?
You should know that the Lord God Almighty already knows what tomorrow holds.
- Not only does He know, He is in control.
Revelation 1:1, 3 (NKJV) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place …for the time is near.
- The Lord God omnipotent is in control of the events that must take place.
- Since these things must take place, you should “build up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit.” (Jude 20)
- Do not be filled with fear and despair “as others who have no hope.” (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
2 Timothy 3:1 (NKJV) But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come.
Why do we need to know this?
- God not only has perfect knowledge of everything that is coming on the earth, “He knows how to keep those who are His.” (1 Timothy 2:19)
- He is greater than all and no one is able to snatch them out of our Father’s hand. (John 10:29)
How can we have this deep assurance and faith?
The Apostle Paul was talking about the steadfast hope he had in the face of the things he suffered.
- It is one thing to have hope when everything is going great.
- When you suffer and still have steadfast hope, something is different.
- That is not the way of the world.
- He had a steadfast hope while he was suffering.
How can you live that way?
2 Timothy 1:12 (NKJV) For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.
Do you believe it?
Listen to these words.
Romans 8:35 (NKJV) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Romans 8:37–39 (NKJV) Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Do you understand what he is saying?
- He is not telling you that we will not face some difficult days.
- He is not saying that death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing will not test you and try you.
- Things are going to be shaken up.
- This world that we have known is going to be off course and out of balance.
- Things that have been stable are going to be shaken to the core.
- There will be challenges in death and life.
- Both angels, principalities and powers will be in conflict.
- You are going to be caught up in the struggle of it all.
- Present things and things to come are going to look uncertain and be shaken.
“I am persuaded that… none of these things shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- You need to know that the Lord really does love you.
- Tell somebody – “The Lord loves you.”
- Since He loves you so much, He will keep you.
Hebrews 12:26–27 (NKJV) Now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.”
Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.
Hebrews 12:28-29 (NKJV) Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. For our God is a consuming fire.
We are part of something that cannot be shaken.
- You need to know that you are rooted and grounded in an unshakeable kingdom.
- You need to know that the Rock of your foundation is sure.
- Psalm 121:7 says, “The Lord will preserve you from all evil; He will preserve your soul.”
- While the world is shaking with the tumult that is coming, Isaiah 26:3 says, “He will keep you in perfect peace, if your mind is stayed on Him, because you trust in Him.”
- The events that are about to transpire are going to shake the whole earth.
- By the time God is finished and the Lord returns to this earth, everything that can be shaken and removed will be.
“For our God is a consuming fire.”
- Every vile thing is going to be moved.
- Every evil that has risen up against God and His Christ will be removed.
- God is going to shake the kingdom of Satan and the kingdoms of this world.
When I was a child, my grand parents would do a yearly spring cleaning.
As soon as the heat became consistent, they would get started.
Grandpa would put sawhorses in the front yard and all of the mattresses in the house would be taken outside and put on them.
Grandma would get broom sticks and start beating those old cotton mattresses and the dust would fly.
She would beat them until there was no more dust.
Then she would turn them over and do it again.
She kept turning them and beating them.
She did it until those old mattresses were almost doubled in size from the beating.
- God is in the process of shaking.
- He is not finished.
- He is just getting started.
How are we going to survive in these evil days?
- God is giving more grace.
- We were given saving grace.
- He has been giving us keeping grace.
- We have been given healing grace.
- He is giving preserving grace.
- He is going to keep on giving more grace.
- His grace is sufficient to meet every need.
- His grace is abundant, full, and free.
- His grace is provided through the full sacrifice of God’s Son, Jesus Christ.
- By grace we are receiving an unshakable kingdom.
- By grace you have you been brought into a kingdom that shall not be moved.
- You have been established on the Rock of Ages.
- You have been rooted and grounded in the Chief Cornerstone.
- Your unmovable faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ will keep you.
Some people have too many attractions and connections with this world.
- Their faith and trust is misplaced.
- They are looking at the world for their peace and safety.
- They are shaken and disturbed by the things that are happening.
- You need to know that evil men and seducers will get much worse.
- You need to know that the spirit of the antichrist that is working is going to stir up more disruptions.
- You need to know that the kingdoms of this world are going to fall into chaos and there will be more and more wars.
- You need to know that the earth itself is going to be shaken with the violence thereof.
- There are going to be earthquakes, pestilence, and famines.
- Violence will increase.
Through it all, God has given us an unshakable kingdom.
- We have this confidence.
- God is on our side.
- Stay true.
Don’t be disturbed or troubled.
How can we remain calm?
How can we have an unshakable faith and trust?
The Lord has a message for His faithful church.
Revelation 3:10–11 (NKJV) Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.
- Listen closely.
- God is not going to abandon His faithful church to the schemes of the Devil and his antichrist.
- The Lord is coming quickly!
1 Thessalonians 4:16–18 (NKJV) For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.
- Lift up your eyes.
- The Lord is coming for those who are looking for Him.
- He is coming for His faithful church.
- He is going to rescue us from the trouble that is coming on the world.
- You need to stay ready.
- Keep on watching and praying.
- Keep your faith strong.
- Don’t allow the trouble that is increasing in the world to disturb and cause despair.
- Encourage yourselves in the Lord.
The Lord Jesus has a message for you.
Revelation 3:12 (NKJV) He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.